Wednesday, March 25, 2009

First Post!

Well this is my first (and long delayed) adventure into the blogging realm. Some of the things that I am aiming to do on this blog is to talk about things that I am interested in. I am a soon to be graduate of the University of Kentucky. Obviously I will be talking about Kentucky sports on here, and college sports for that matter. I am a political science major, so obviously politics will be discussed. I am a television and movie fan, so that will be talked about. Anything goes really. I hope to have some posts about the Cats game tonight, and the ongoing Billy situation. Anything goes here. It will take some time to get used to this. For now, thoughts on the game tonight

Kentucky v Notre Dame
Where: South Bend, Indiana, University of Notre Dame Joyce Arena
Time: 7:00 PM Eastern
Television: ESPN2 (I think)

Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Head Coach: Mike Brey (240-128 Career)
Conference: Big East
Overall Record: 20-14
Conference Standing: 8-10 (9th in the league)
Key Wins: Texas, Louisville(by 33)
Key Losses: St. Johns, Cincinnati, WVU (Twice)
Home Record: 13-3
Key Players: Harangody, Ayers, Jackson, McAlarney
NCAA: 29 appearances. 1 Final Four, 30-33 in the big dance

Kentucky Wildcats
Head Coach: Billy Gillispie (139-84 Career)
Conference: SEC
Overall Record: 22-13
Conference Standing: 8-8 (Tied for 7th overall)
Key Wins: Tennessee (2), Florida, Auburn, WVU
Key Losses: VMI, Ole Miss, Georgia
Road Record: 4-6
Key Players: Meeks, Patterson, Liggins, Harris, Miller
NCAA: 50 appearances. 13 Final Fours, 7 Titles, 100-45 record in the big dance

No comments:

Post a Comment